Thursday, February 14, 2008

Paging All Doctors...

Do you know of a good doctor? Is it time for your annual check-up, but you’re new to Chicago and don’t know where to go?

I remember the first time Andy and I attempted to find a doctor in the city. It was overwhelming! It seemed like I endlessly scanned through page after page of listings on the internet only to end up frustrated. How can you pick a doctor based on their name alone? Finally, thanks to a reference from a fellow wife at Moody, I was able to locate a provider that worked for both Andy and I.

Stephanie Workman recently emailed MoodySWF@gmail.com with the very same question: Where can I find a good doctor?

She also followed up with a very good suggestion: Why don’t we share information? How better to find a good doctor for a woman than to ask a bunch of other women!

Stephanie, we couldn’t agree more. So, if you’re willing, over the next few days post a comment with your doctor’s information. Many married students are on the “Moody Insurance” plan, so chances are your suggestion will work well for another wife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Dr. who is a family practitioner that i really like. Her name is Tatiana Batista and she is at Seaton Family Health Care which is located on North Ave just a few blocks west of Wells. I'm covered under BlueCross/BlueShield HMO so she is under my insurance. (312) 337-1982 -- Danica

Anonymous said...

We also have the BCBS HMO so I don't know if this is the same as the moody student insurance . . . but Thomas and I both go to Dr. Glantsman (can't remember her first name) who is with "Ravenswood Medical Professional Group" There are 2 locations one at Cicero and Belle Plain (near Irving Park) and I can't remember where the other is, but I think it's closer to down town. (I can look up more info if anyone is interested) Always, we have both had a really great experience with her. And Thomas had some sort of major stuff last year and she took very good care of him! (Unlike Maggie, I love the Dentist but usually HATE the Doctor so just the fact that I like her is impressive to me!) Just be warned, sometimes it's difficult working with the receptionists but other than that it's pretty good.

I've found the easiest way to find a Dr is just to use the provider locator on the insurance providers web page (I think most have this feature) Honestly, I just looked for ones closest to home and made sure they had a degree from a reputable school. I figured that if we didn't like the first one or two we would just switch. Thankfully the Lord provided a good Dr for us the first time!