Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Introducing...

Kelly Lillpop
President
Junior - Elementary Education


I am very excited in be a part of the leadership for Student Wives this year. From the time I first attended a Student Wives meeting, married two weeks, in a new place, and jobless, it has been a source of friendship and encouragement. Before Moody I moved from Colorado to attend North Park University, just north of the city. Shortly after, my then-boyfriend Chris decided to move to Chicago as well (quite the coincidence...) to start classes at Moody. After a while of studying theater at North Park I realized that although drama is one of my passions, I followed that passion selfishly. I felt the Lord calling me to serve Him instead of myself, and made the decision to transfer to Moody. Now I enjoy being in a community of believers studying God’s word in order to serve him with their lives. Though I still have a love for theater, I am currently studying elementary education and can’t wait to be a teacher! In addition to being a full-time student, I am also a Mad Scientist. A few days per week I teach after-school science classes at area elementary schools. It is a blast!

My husband is studying International Ministries, and we are both on course to graduate spring of 2010. At this point we aren’t sure what God has for us after Moody, but for now we will “dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness” Psalm 37:2.

I look forward to hearing the stories of each of you who are new to Student Wives, as well as reconnecting with the returning wives. We are on this journey together, so please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, or needs.

Heather Holdsworth
Vice-President
Graduate School, Spiritual Formation and Discipleship


Our story goes back a bit ... If you peek into the Moody museum, you can see a huge roll of signatures from Scots pleading for D L Moody to come to tell them the good news about Jesus. He came. He raised money for a church to be built on the Royal Mile - half way between the castle and the palace. A few years went by! In that church Adrian and I met. We got involved in lots of ministries. We grew, were challenged, learned to love God - and a little while later - found and loved each other! We married in 1997. Adrian was studying laser physics at one of the universities there. I was teaching in a school in the projects. We lived in Edinburgh and then Cambridge, England, working in the churches the Lord brought us to. In 2003 we were strongly encouraged to pursue Christian ministry full-time. And that's where this journey started.

We studied in a fabulous little Bible School in Edinburgh called The Faith Mission. We found people whose hearts were on fire for God and whose lives were hallmarked by devotion to the Saviour. It was life transforming. There followed a year as missionaries in middle England. Nope, doesn't sound too glamorous or romantic on the missionary stakes - but 92% of people in England have nothing to do with Jesus of Nazareth. God blessed and rescued people. We're looking forward to seeing them in Heaven.

So the journey continues! The Lord clearly called us to Moody Grad School where we started in August 2007. Adrian is working on a master of divinity degree and I'm studying spiritual formation and discipleship.

Where next? We don't know! But we have a great big God who leads us. He's amazing - stunning - captivating. We are blessed.

(Isaiah 40; Psalm 121 - totally great!)