Friday, January 11, 2008

Teresa got a very special Christmas Gift...

Thanks to everyone who prayed for our time this Christmas with Thomas’ extended family! We celebrated with them on the 19th of Dec and it was a wonderful time. Usually about 35 family members get together just for food and a fun gift exchange, but this year we were able to add a time of worship into the mix and it was great! We sang a few Carols together and 4 different passages of scripture related to Christmas were read. I was so nervous that there would be a very negative response from those that are not believers, but on the contrary all but one willingly participated. Towards the end, I was able to share a brief testimony about Jesus being God’s Christmas gift to us and described ways in which that has been the greatest gift ever for me. I could tell that some of the unsaved cousins were really thinking about it! Praise the Lord! It was the highlight of my Christmas this year! I wish I could share pics with you, but I have none. Thomas video taped parts, but that was all.

The second greatest part of Christmas was Thomas’ gift to me. When we moved to Chicago, we had to adopt out my dog and we were not able to get her back when we moved into the house. Well, Thomas got me a puppy J isn’t she cute??
She’s the same breed as my first dog (Australian Shepherd) and we’ve named her Orli (it’s Hebrew). I think I can now relate a little bit to some of the new moms because I only get to sleep a couple of hours at a time before she needs to go out to the bathroom. Needless to say, I’ll tired - - - but SO glad to have her!

Well, I’m excited to see everyone again on the 17th!

That seems like a long way off . . . . so in the meantime, how was your Christmas???

1 comment:

danica said...

Teresa -
thanks for sharing this praise with us so we can rejoice with you. :)
Very exciting to see the Lord at work. Also, congrats on the new addition to your family. She looks so soft and cute. I want one but i don't want to be up in the middle of the night :)
~danica