Thursday, December 20, 2007

A prayer request from Stephanie Workman....

A few months ago, our salon got a new district leader, she is in charge of about 10 salons in this area (and then each salon has their own manager/assistant manager). Her name is Clareese. It is expected with new leadership that there will be some changes, but she has made this entire process extremely difficult. She has been very hard to please and just keeps demanding more of us. Jesse (my husband) and I had been planning on going home this weekend for Christmas, but now she is making me work, even though the salon will have enough staff. Needless to say, I was very upset! We will still get to go home, but will be missing two big extended family events, one of which has been scheduled since the spring. It's really hard because as a Christian and also an assistant salon leader, I am an example to the rest of the salon, and I have had such a hard time having a good attitude about her. I feel like she thinks she needs to earn everyone's respect by pushing us around and showing us who's boss, and she doesn't need to do that. She acts like she wants to be nice, but she just comes across very intimidating. She keeps asking more and more of us, without saying 'thank you' or 'good job' about the things that we are doing right, and it's stressing everyone out. Please pray that she will realize how she is affecting all of us, and that we can all do our best to show her our respect so that she doesn't feel she has to earn it. Please also pray for wisdom for my salon leader and I to know how to best handle the situation. Thank you all so much!!! If any of you have any advice for me, please email me at: jessesgirl73005@hotmail.com

In Christ,

Stephanie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Stephanie! That sounds so hard but it also sounds like you're heart is in the right place in it all. Will pray for you to have the strength to deal with it in a way pleasing to the Lord and also that HE will greatly bless you this Christmas as you obey Him!

Ashley Nicole said...

I will be praying for you! I know how hard that is, and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this weekend!