Monday, March 10, 2008

Our prayers are with you Teresa...

Thanks to everyone for your prayers for my family. There is sad news. Over the weekend, my Aunt and Uncle were told that Matt had only 1% chance of not being a vegetable for life and so they proceeded to work through the details of donating organs and removing life support. Matt died peacefully at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

This of course is devastating for his parents, but they seem to have the best possible perspective on it. My uncle said that ‘God has a plan for it all and who knows, Matt’s eyes may be the eyes of the next president.’ It was interesting for me to hear those words from a man who, as far as I have been able to observe, does not have a relationship with Christ. Please pray that this whole event will move them from the point of mental assent of who Christ is (or a stagnant Christianity which ever may be the case) into a fruitful relationship with the Lord. Please pray also for life change for my alcoholic father who habitually drinks while operating a vehicle. (Matt’s mom is his sister.

I think the funeral will be sometime this week, so please pray for that too and all who attend and for me to restrain my desire to try to explain why this happened since I really don’t know and my speculations would probably do more harm than good!

Thanks again to you all for your prayers during this tragic event.

Teresa